Serving our community since 1947
Waterloo Morada Fire District
The Waterloo Morada Fire Protection District was established in 1946 and covered approximately 46 square miles. Shortly after, on August 15, 1947 the district appointed their first Fire Chief, Norval E. Hammett. It was agreed upon by the district that Chief Hammett would work out of Leo D’ Ors ranch located on Wilmarth Rd. where the first fire truck would be located, until a permanent fire house was built. The first fire truck was a white 1937 Chevrolet truck which had a 400 gallon tank, ladder, limited hose and 6 pump cans.
The property for what is now Station 1 located on the northwest corner of Foppiano and Ashley was graciously donated to the district by Henry Foppiano Sr. and family in late 1947.
In 1948, the corporation Waterloo Morada Volunteer Firemen’s Association was named. During this year the by-laws and pay scale were set for the Waterloo Morada Volunteer Firemen’s Association.
All calls - $1.00
$1.50 per hour for each hour after the first hour, fighting fire
$1.00 flat rate for each drill
$1.00 per hour for cleaning and putting the truck back into service